Sunday, November 1, 2009

October 26 - November 1

Alrighty, so this week I will give more of my oh so valuable insight on Halloween, now that it has passed. Overall, I thought that it was enjoyable.

First of all, jack-o-lanterns. Depends on how you make it. If you pick a fairly simple pattern, you're good to go. It's your choice. Now, if you are carving one of these Halloween decorations, newspaper is your best friend. Once you scoop out your pumpkin, its guts get everywhere, so the newspaper makes easy cleanup. Word of advice for future carvers: cut out the little pieces first. This means that there's more support while cutting out these little devils. Or, for the even easier road, go for something that has no little pieces (like myself). It also is more enjoyable if you're getting all messy with a friend. Little brothers work really well. :)

Next up: trick or treating. If I had to pick one word to describe this it would be awesome. However, for junior high girls it may or may not involve a lot of drama. I'll bet that you can't guess which one happened to me. Surprise, surprise. So, plans changed and I went with my little brothers. This was a good decision. This was followed by running around from house to house in weird costumes and receiving free candy. What could be better? I do not know. Now, trick or treaters are a whole different story.

Don't get me wrong, most little kids are cute and sweet. However, there are those few who drive you insane. For example, some kids showed up at our house at 5:15. We hadn't even finished making dinner yet. But they feel it is their right to come and interrupt our dinner and ask us for candy. The little children's bags are held out in front of you and you want to dump your soup in their bags. Just so you know, I refrained. Then there are the kids who ring your door bell while you're lying in bed, not cool either. My parents don't answer the door after 9:00. Don't think I'm some grumpy kid, most of the small ones are really nice.

I went to a party at a house of the... we'll call them the Joneses. It was a pretty fun party, but may have gotten a little over the top. We'll just leave it at the fact that the Joneses' house now has a busted outlet and a hole in their wall. Ouch. Parties are a lot of fun, but not always for those who are hosting them. So please, in the future, control yourself. And try not to break anything. :)

Now I'm off to steal some of my brothers' candy, hopefully undiscovered. Oh, and of course not to forget my parents' stash. My little brother, "Nicholas's" stock is the best, but don't let him know that.

P.S. I was an old lady for the festivities. It was complete with wrinkles and a robe. Personally, I thought I looked like a fresh nursing home escapee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment